Poinsettias - Layout
I am continuing my festive journey with 'It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas' and getting through some of those Christmas photos.
I love the big poinsettias that you will find on a number of the pages in the 12" paper pad, and knew when I saw them that I would cut some out.
Here is what I have created.
I think it is very Christmassy and that red is so rich and devine!
Here is what I did!
- First up I cut out three of the big poinsettias.
- On white cardstock I drew a red pen border 1/4" all around the page, I was noy too ,precious' about creating a straight line, a wiggle here and there looks great and is easier!
- I cut the music strip off one of the pages from the paper pad and attached it approx 5" up from bottom of white base page.
- I attached the poinsettias, using foam tape on the one that surrounds the photo.
- I attached the vellum poinsettias onto the layout by slipping them behind the main flowers.
- I mixed some red pigments with a little water in a mister bottle. I used this to colour my chipboard title.
- I used a glorious gold mirror foil and the Go press machine, and foiled my chipboard flourish, (it looks so pretty!). I then attached this to my layout, using small pieces of foam tape to support it.
8. I cut a strip from the 'text' page, (Merry and bright) and attached itto finish my layout.
Easy, fresh clean and very festive, I do hope you like it.
Let Every Day Be Christmas Collection
CO725489 - 12"x12" Paper Pad
ULT158300 A4 Embossed vellum Decoupage Sheet
Other Artdeco Products
ULT200001 - Snow White Cardstock
CO725892 - 'Remember When ' Chipboard
CO725875 - Clasic Flourish
CO725385 - Gold Foil Mirror Finish
CO725535 - Red Pigment
Not too long before Santa comes, still lots to do!
Hope you find time for some crafty fun.