2016/17 Kaisercraft Design Team Application

Hi fellow papercrafters!

 


I am super excited to have made the final round of the 2016/17 Kaisercraft Design Team. 

I have had the privilege of being on the team for the past two years and have loved creating with Kasiercraft Products and making so many new friends. 

How could I not try again this year!

We were sent a very generous amount of products to create ONE project that shows our unique creative style. 

I chose to do a card...I guess you will not be surprised at that lol!



It is a BIG card .....



....... which means more areas to play with! 

I have made a video that shows you my creative thought process, (how I selected my project) and then I reveal my card...so very exciting!




As you know, I always love to share, so I have made a second video that will show you how I made the card ....... that way, you get to play too! 


The video shows you clearly how to make the card foundation, so I thought I would tell you how I decorated it.

 

Card Front

  • Cut two pieces of P2111 'Wanderer' to 3 7/8" x 5 7/8".  Join the two pieces together with a piece of scrap card stuck to the back with temporary adhesive. 
  • Position Designer Template Feathers over the right side and add texture paste over the large peacock feather. Mask off any other feathers and then gently spritz with Kaiser Mist Peach. Remove and wash your template.
  • Gently Spritz the entire front with peach and white Kaiser Mist. While still wet, sprinkle with fine clear glitter and let dry, (overnight is best!). Spray with fixitive spray to fix the glitter.
  • Gently remove the temporary backing and edge each piece in black ink, (I used a black calligraphy pen). Adhere to card front.
  • Create flower, leaf and feather cluster and adhere clear delicate words sticker.
  • Finish with a few Champagne Rhinestones.
Kaisercraft Products Used:  Boho Dreams Collection - P2111 'Wanderer' | KM107 Kaiser Mist Peach | KM111 Kaiser Mist White  | F658 Paper Blooms mini - Dusty Pink | EM995 Assorted Paper Leaves | ST916 Clear Stickers Delicate Words | RS404 Rhinestones Champagne | IT912 Designer Template Feathers.

Other Products Used: Feather | Texture Paste 

 

Belly Band 

  • Cut the lace border from P2111 'Wanderer' (you will need two pages to go around the card). 
  • Gently wrap one band around the front of the card, join the second piece at the back with double sided tape. Cut off the excess leaving a 3/4" overlap. Adhere paper Velcro dots to the end.
  • Stamp and colour girl from clear stamps (CS2666). I  used Copic markers; Skin: E000; E00; RV10. Hair: E11; E15; E19. Bow: E07 and 0 for dots. Lips E07. Eyes: YG17. White gel pen highlights

  • Adhere girl to Belly Band with 2mm foam dots, slipping 'Dare to Dream Banner under.
  • Arrange and adhere feather, leaf and flower cluster to left of girl.
  • Finish with three rhinestones on the banner.
Kaisercraft Products Used: Boho Dreams Collection - P2111 Wanderer | CT858 Collectables | F640 Paper Blooms Fairy Floss | EM995 Assorted Paper Leaves | RS404 Rhinestones Champagne |
CS266 Clear Stamp.

Other Products Used: Copic Markers | Blending Card | Feather | Paper Velcro Dots | White Gel Pen.

 

Inside!

  •  Using papers and collectables from Boho Dreams collection and Rustic Cardstock, cover each section, outlining pieces in black before adhering to card.
  • You will notice I have altered the striped paper. I felt it was too big for the card so I drew in additional fragmented black lines with a black marker and ruler!
  • I have used Kaisercrafts orange glitter pen to colour the feathers that I fussy cut. 
  • I used a combination of 1mm and 2mm foam dots to pop the feathers. Some feathers were from the sticker sheet. With these I used talcum powder on the back (removes the stickiness) so that I could use foam dots on them and keep them raised.

  • The bike and girl are both mounted on 1mm foam dots for added dimension.
  • I used Peach Kaiser Mist on the lovely wooden heart, also from Kasiercraft.
Kaisercraft Products used:  Boho Dreams Collection - P2107 Feathers | P2113 Bohemian | P2106 Dreamcatcher | P2111 Wanderer | P2108 Young | CT858 Collectables | CD183 Rustic Card Stock | RS404 Rhinestones Champagne | LDB1054 Wooden Shapes Love.

 

The Back 


  • Cover with papers from the Boho Dreams Collection, edging as you go before adhering to the back.
  • Adhere word strip and finish with your hand made stamp, after all this work, you want people to know YOU made it!
 Kaisercraft Products Used: Boho Collection - P2106 Dreamcatcher | P2108 Young. 


So that's it everyone. I do hope you like my entry, leave a comment to wish me luck.

Thanks so much for dropping by

Happy crafting

Collette
xxx

Comments

  1. Wow! !! Your cards never cease to make my jaw drop ! AAAAhmazing! Best of luck sweets, you really deserve to remain in the DT xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda, such wonderful words, especially coming from such an awesome papercrafter! xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful as usual Collette, good luck with your entry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! Wish you good luck in the final. Fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much work goes into your creations Collette and you get fabulous results. I wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing card and imagine opening it to find this beautiful dream story book inside. Best wishes for the final.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely words Kiwirooz.

      Delete
    2. Always so Beautiful and Inspiring. Good Luck !

      Delete
  6. Wow wow wow Collette what an amazing card. All the best with this entry I am sure you will win

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wow Collette what an amazing card. All the best with this entry I am sure you will win

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Twist & Pop Card

Masculine Quick Cards

2017/18 Kaisercraft Design Team Application